Skip to main content

SNGF -- What Is Your Significant Other's Matrilineal Line?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!






Our assignment tonight from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to:

1)  Have you worked on the matrilineal line of your significant other?   Who are the mothers of the mothers of your significant other?

Here's mine:
My husband’s mother is Thelma Marie Nilsen, born 29 January 1926 in Hilmar, Merced County, California. She died 24 March 2018 in Caldwell, Canyon County, Idaho. Her matrilineal line is:

Agnes Hilma Carolina Lundquist, born 16 July 1894 in Stanton, Montgomery County, Iowa. Agnes married Nils Arthur Nathaniel Nilsen on 29 November 1917 in Hilmar, Merced County, California. She died at age 42 on 31 July 1936 in Modesto, Stanislaus County, California. She and Arthur had ten children.

Mathilda Lovisa Eriksson, born 21 December 1871 in Tidersrum, Östergötland län, Sweden. She emigrated to the United States in 1888. She married Pehr Alfred Lundquist on 15 March 1892 in Red Oak, Montgomery County, Iowa. She died on 3 February 1942 in Hilmar, Merced County, California. They had three children.

Stina Maja Samuelsdotter, born 18 August 1837 in Someke, Tidersrum, Östergötland län, Sweden. She married Karl Johan Ericksson on 13 November 1863 in Kyskan, Tidersrum, Östergötland län, Sweden. She died on 22 March 1927 in Tidersrum, Östergötland län, Sweden. They had nine children,

Maja Stina Jonasdotter, born 9 September 1797 in Tidersrum, Östergötland län, Sweden. She married Samuel Persson on 3 June 1825 in the same place. Death is unknown at this time. They had four known children.

Carin Nilsdotter. Only known information is from daughter’s baptism record. She married Jonas Larsson.

That is as far back that I have researched. I did this research over fifteen years ago using Genline.com, which Ancestry bought. Since I have the World account, I could work on this and try to take the line back further, but I have more pressing things to work on.

Thelma’s ancestry is all Swedish, though Ancestry gives some percentages from each of the Scandinavian countries. Her DNA has been uploaded at FamilyTree DNA but there is no mtDNA test done, so I don’t know her haplogroup. We could test my husband’s to see if we wanted to. 


Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Your line goes back a couple more generations than mine. I wish I was stuck in Sweden. Instead, I'm in Kentucky!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go back only this far on my mother's line and that all is in the south.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've taken it pretty far back. Great work! I've used Arkiv Digital for all my Swedish research, not Genline. I wonder how the two compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I did the work, Genline was the only game in town. I would probably use ArkivDigital if I started the research again, as they have more kinds of records besides church.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.