Skip to main content

SNGF -- Were Your Parents Related To Each Other?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!






Our assignment tonight from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to:

1)  Were your parents related to each other?  Do your paternal and maternal lines have any surnames in common? Are they related or is there no known connection?  Are there possible connections?

Here’s mine:
This is simple tonight. My mother’s line that I have researched is entirely in the U.S. southern states. My father’s line is immigrants from Ireland and Germany in the 19th century. They are not related to each other. I used the test at GedMatch many years ago and it also stated that my parents are not related to each other.

My husband’s mother’s line came from Sweden. His father’s line is from England and Germany. I never uploaded my husband’s DNA to GedMatch Using the relationship calculator on RootsMagic, it shows his parents are not related. Of course, that is only as good as the information I input. It is possible that many generations further back, they could be related. People in Europe did get around.

To check, I used the relationship calculator to see if my maternal grandparents were related. I have researched these lines back further but no common relationship came up.

Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Your lines are similar to mine in that my mom's is mostly colonial American and my dad's ancestors are all old-school European and didn't arrive until the late 1880-s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm like both of you, with very clear lack of any crossover between the two sides of my family. Does that mean we exemplify the "melting pot" more?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.