Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of December 10-16, 2018

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Family Research. I was too busy this week to very much of my own genealogy. I am still working on documenting Samuel Johnston’s live in Mississippi and Texas.

Blog Writing: I wrote three blog posts this week:

Cert Support Group: Five of us caught up on what we’d been doing and then discussed the chapter in the new ProGen book on writing proof arguments and case studies.

Monday Morning Meeting: A small group met this week and I was able to share the photocopies of my mother in newspaper articles about the Pittsburg Junior Woman’s Club.

Webinars: I attended the following webinars:
  • Citations for Beginners
  • 101 Ways to Design a Genealogy Chart

For Client Work, I’ve had a few record retrievals at the County Recorder’s office and the Superior Court Clerk’s office.

Other Activities

History Center: I continued uploading items from our special collections to the Online Archive of California. We have 76 collections entered so far. I’m in the “Rs.”

Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society: The annual meeting was Friday and I was elected to the position of Secretary. I jumped right into the fire by taking minutes at the Board Meeting following the regular meeting. It will be interesting, as they do things differently than they did 18 years ago, the last time I was a member and held the job.

Family: We had two celebrations this weekend. On Saturday night, my sister, Sabrina, hosted a “sister” birthday party for our sister, Renee and my daughter, Elizabeth. It’s always a fun time together with my sisters and their nieces. On Sunday, we celebrated my brother, Jonathan’s 60th birthday at The Spaghetti Factory in Concord, planned by my sister, Danna. It was a joyous weekend of family fun. Unfortunately, no photos were taken at the restaurant.



Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments