Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Make One Genealogy-Related Resolution/Goal for 2019


Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has his yearly resolution challenge:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

1)  Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions, or state Goals and Objectives, for genealogy and family history research in 2019?  If so, tell us about them.

2)  If not, then make ONE resolution, or state one goal, for your genealogy research that you are determined to keep during 2019.  We'll check on progress toward that resolution/goal during the year in SNGF (if I remember!).

3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a Comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook status post.  Leave a link in Comments to any post you make.

My 2018 Resolution
I did make a resolution last year and it was to submit my portfolio to the Board for Certification of Genealogists and I did fulfill the goal. Not only that, I was certified as well.

My 2019 Resolution
My goal for this year is to work on the book about my father’s ancestors, including Hork, Sievert, Sullivan, Gleeson, and Tierney families. I wrote about it in my last 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks post. The previous book took a couple of years, so unless I work on it daily, it might not be complete before the end of the year, but I’m going to make the effort.

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Writing a family book is a great goal. Even though it's a lot of work, it's very rewarding. I spent 20 years on my husband's Williams family branches. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rewarding and I'll have to remember that feeling when I get deep in all the work. Thanks for stopping by this year!

      Delete
  2. It's great that you are putting all your research into a book that can be shared. And since your goal is to work on the book, not necessarily to finish it this year, I am sure you will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I made the right goal -- easy to just work on the book. I might have to pay you to edit it for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.