Skip to main content

7th Blogiversary!


I started this blog seven years ago. It wasn't my first blog. "Mam-ma's Southern Family" was the first but it's theme was too restrictive. I was only writing about my mother's mother's line. I wanted to give equal coverage for the rest of my family and my husband's family, so I started "My Trails Into the Past" blog to do just that.

In the past year I started writing more regularly. I started the Monday Genea-pourri series in November 2017 after seeing Randy Seaver start writing with the meme. This gives me a chance to reflect on what I have done the previous week. Even though it is to be focused on genealogy, I often write about other activities I did with family and friends. Isn't that part of our future genealogy?

In January, I have participated in the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks meme, started by Amy Johnson Crow, where we write about our ancestors (or ancestors' siblings) based on weekly themes. This has been a fun activity, trying to decide which ancestor would be best for the current week's theme. I write on both blogs, depending on which side of the family the ancestor belongs. My favorite post so far was about my great-aunt, Elizabeth Gleeson.

I also try to write something each week in Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun meme. One of my favorites this past year was writing about our family cars. I even had photos of most of them!

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Wishing you a happy blogiversary and many more! I eespecially njoyed your maiden aunts post, photos, sources, and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 7th blogiversary, Lisa. Glad you are ramping up your posts, as I enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on seven years, Lisa. Well done! And here's to at least another seven years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.