Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of June 11-17, 2018

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Monday Morning Genealogy session was small but everyone had opportunity to share and to collaborate with each other. We continued the conversation at IHOP.

At the History Center, we finished the processing and finding aid for the John Baldwin collection and started thinking about what collections to do next. I also began learning how to put the special collections into PastPerfect. Our monthly board meeting was this week. On Saturday, I attended the presentation at the Campbell Theater on Highway 21. I love the new theater seats in the theater and the presentations were wonderful with lots of nice old photos.

I gave a presentation on Beginning German Genealogy to the “How-To” series at the Concord Family History. Lots of enthusiastic people with great questions at the end.

For client work, I finished the client’s work and sent it off to him! I created a five-generation genealogy into book format with a table of contents and an index. I really hope he likes it.

Blog Writing: I wrote a few blog posts this past week:
A 52 Ancestors post about my great-grandfather, Thomas N. Johnston for Father’s Day.
A Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post about what my father liked to do.

Three members of the Certification Study Group met on Friday. After checking in, we discussed using DNA in our research, possible classes to take at SLIG and GRIP, and what we would discuss next week.

Other
I took several walks and here’s a photo from one. I sometimes forget to take photos at events. I need to work on that!



Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments