Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of May 28-June 3, 2018

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing started this meme and I loved the idea. Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week.

Genealogy
I presented the last class at the California Genealogical Society’s Record Series Class in Oakland on Wednesday. Nine of the ten were present and we took a class photo.

Records Class Participants

For client work, I spent most of Memorial day plus some other days, I worked further on the genealogy summary. Three generations have been completed.

I continued working on the John Baldwin collection with John. We almost have all the loose photos connected to the paperwork, so that they can be scanned next.

Blog Writing: I wrote a few blog posts these past two weeks:
I wrote about my husband’s great-grandfather and how far he traveled in his line of work in the 52 Ancestors post

Family

After spending time at the Coast Division Meet recording the auction transactions, I returned home to pick up my daughter and drive up to Sacramento to meet for dinner with my niece, Maddy and her mother. We ate at the Tower Cafe and had a very nice visit talking about their upcoming trip and future plans at college.

At the Tower Cafe

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments