Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Favorite Family Photograph

It's Saturday Night,
time for more Genealogy Fun!!

For this week's mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:

1)  Show us one of your favorite photographs of your family - a group, yourself, your mom, your dad, your sibling(s), your grandparents, etc.  Tell us about it - the date, the event, the setting, the persons in the photograph.

2)  Share it on your own blog, in a comment on this blog, or on Facebook.


I have many favorite photos and hope to someday put together some family books so I can use them. In particular, I like this one photo.



I think because it has that hippie and groovy vibe. It was one of the last times we visited our cousins as a complete family. After this, we would sometimes have other activities or job responsibilities and we couldn’t always go together as a family to other cousin events.

These are my parents, Lea and Bill and their children: Lisa, Steve, Jon, Danna, Sabrina, and Renee. The occasion was the last party before our cousins moved to Oregon. Maybe in the early 1970s. I believe the image is from a slide and perhaps from my Minolta SRT 101, which I bought in 1972 with high school graduation money.


I also have a photo with our cousins in front of their front door, too.



Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Oh yeah, both photos definitely have the 1970's hippie vibe. Everyone looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.