Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Family Pet Stories

Another great theme this week. Thanks, Janice, for suggesting it.

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) What were your family pets? What were their names? How long did they live? What stories do you have about them?

2) Tell us in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or on Facebook or Google+. Please leave a comment on this post with a link to your post.


I wish I had scanned images of all of the pets I had as a child. My first pet that was truly mine, was a white cat named George "Sparky" Anderson. He was a really kick, by liking to sleep at the foot of my bed under my covers.

My mother gave us a really old cat when we got married named, Patty. She wouldn't clean herself and Norman had to give her baths, which she didn't like. She had teeth problems and we had some surgery done. Then one day she disappeared and we never found her. That was our last cat.

Since then we've had dogs, all Australian Shepherds: Sebastian, Samantha, Libby, Toby, and Sidney.  Here are a few digital shots of some of the pets:

Samantha

Toby

Sidney

Right now we're between pets. It does make it easier to travel without having to worry about them. But there is a lonely spot, too. I'm sure when the right one comes along, we'll be drawn to have another pet.

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. One of my cats liked to sleep under the covers with me also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat, Jasper, loved to sleep under the covers AND in the small of my back. She was 14 lbs. so it was a job to turn over when I was sleeping. :) Pets do become part of the family, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.