Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Is Your Earliest Memory?

Another SNGF assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing.  I haven’t participated in a long while, first being in Wales and England in August, and then when I got back, had too much catching up to do.

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!): 
1) What is your earliest memory?  How old were you, where did you live, who are the characters in your memory?
2)  Tell us in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or on Facebook or Google+.  Please leave a comment on this post with a link to your post.
Janice Sellers suggested this topic.  Way to go!

My earliest memory is during Kindergarten. I have faint memory of being sick with scarlet fever and our house being quarantined. I remember the doctor coming to our house to check me out. I have hated tongue depressors since, as it seemed he was trying to choke/gag me with it.   

When I returned to school, I had so many cartons of milk to drink (I guess to catch up on the time I missed). I always hated milk unless there was chocolate syrup in it. Now I know why – I am lactose intolerant. It used to give me a stomach ache.

Funny, I don’t remember any of my three siblings coming to our home after me. But I gave them the childhood diseases I collected at school: measles and chicken pox. My poor sister, Danna, was just a baby.

I have my baby book and there are entries about my illnesses!



Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Now, I can see scarlet fever being traumatic enough to leave a lasting memory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.