Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 37: Closest to Your Birthday

I am working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I’m looking forward to writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

My birthday is March 26, which makes me an Aries. The immediate relative with the closest birthday was my sister, Danna, who was born on April 1, just six years younger than me. Growing up we celebrated separate birthdays. Today, my sisters and nieces get together to celebrate our birthdays and Danna and I usually share the celebration together.


When I met my future husband, I learned that his paternal aunt, Ada, had the same birthday as me, though she was born some fifty years before me. One year on my birthday I was awaken early by Aunt Ada calling to wish me a Happy Birthday. This was before we were married. I was working a graveyard-like shift from 1930 to 0330 and had been in bed only a few hours. I had no idea who was calling! She didn’t know that I work such horrid hours and she was living in Illinois, so the time difference was there, too. However, after that, we always remembered each other’s birthdays with cards.


Growing up, I never knew another person whose birthday was the same as mine, or even born in the same year. As an adult, though, I’ve come across several.

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments