Skip to main content

Week 47-Thankful: Family

As I think about what I am thankful for, it is certain I am thankful for my family. I have five brothers and sisters and we all get along so well. We may not get together as often as we used to when our parents were alive and hosted most of the family get-togethers, but my sister, Sabrina is good about arranging at least one or two luncheons at the Spaghetti Factory where we all can eat together. We all live within a few hours of each other, so it is nice when we can get together.

I am thankful that when our father died and I dealt with the settling of the trust, no one gave me any grief. There was no in-fighting. We divvied up his items amicably and everyone was a help in cleaning out his place.

The women in the family also get along so well. We have “sister” celebrations for our birthdays and include now our nieces and daughters. Covid has put a kink in that celebration but I sure hope it can be revived soon, now that we’ve been vaccinated.

I am thankful for our daughters, who though are on their own, still call us for advice. We’re sad that one lives on the other side of the country but it is an excuse to take trips to see her. The other daughter is about an hour away, so visiting is a little more frequent.


Thank you, sibs, and thank you, daughters, for being in our lives. We love you.

This is my fourth year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments