Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of November 22–28, 2021

I have completed eighty-nine (89) weeks of semi-lock down due to Covid-19. I am still trying to be careful by wearing the mask and not getting too close to people. This past week I left the house to volunteer at the CCCHS History Center on Tuesday, the Meadow on Thursday, and spent three full days at the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society operating trains for our annual holiday show.   

Genealogy

Blog Writing: Last week’s post on voting records in California was one of the post highlighted in the 52 Ancestors weekly email.

52 Ancestors—Week 47: Thankful: Family I wrote about being thankful for my family.

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – Your Genealogy Database Statistics. We checked out the statistics from our genealogy software program. I use RootsMagic.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended: I attended the AppGen meeting, visited with Jacqueline twice, and with Annette in the Friday Peer group.

Volunteer Work
At the History Center, I continued with updating the finding aid and adding new collections to PastPerfect. I also began rearranging the books on the cities in the new library so I could add more books to the east county cities. I’ll have to enter the books into the computer first, as Ben has already been in that section. I need to find labels for the library shelves and a supply of round dots to label the books for easy return to the shelf.  

Own Work:
I taught no classes this past week due to the holiday. I worked on the outline for my new Foundations course for AppGen.

Webinars Viewed. I watched the APG Writer’s SIG presentation:

  • First Steps to Writing an Information or Instructional Book by Julie Cahill Tarr

Other: I continued working on a Shutterfly photo book about our private train trip to Vermont and NYC. My coupon for free pages wasn’t accepted because I chose standard lay flat pages and the free coupon didn’t cover that. I’m letting the book sit in the shopping cart, hoping for another coupon that will allow those pages free.

I am reading:

  • Gospel According to the Klan by Kelly J. Baker
  • A Legacy of Murder by Connie Berry—FINISHED!

Photos for this week: Some shots taken from the cab where we operate the model trains at the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society. We did a two-weekend holiday show.



 Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments