Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 40: Ten

I am working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I’m looking forward to writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

Ten: the number of children that John Gleeson and Margaret Tierney had, all born in Ontario, Canada. John and Margaret Gleeson are my second great-grandparents. All ten children grew to adulthood and there is no evidence that a child of theirs died in childhood. The first nine children were born about two years apart. However the last son, Francis was born five years after his sister, Margaret. It is possible there was a miscarriage or stillborn birth—just no record of any baptism.

I have no photos of the whole family together, but do have photos of the five boys and the five girls. I can identify the youngest children but not the rest for sure.


Their boys were: Martin Gleeson, John James Gleeson, Michael Peter Gleeson, William Charles Gleeson, and Francis Thomas Gleeson.


The girls were: Anna Marie Gleeson (my great-grandmother), Mary Martha Gleeson, Elizabeth M Gleeson, Helena Mary Gleeson, and Margaret Teresa Gleeson.


Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments