Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 44: Frightening

I am working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I’m looking forward to writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

I tend to steer away from anything that would be frightening to me. I do not watch horror movies or read horror books. I have watched a few movies that scared me, not in a frightening way, but left me scared for the people in the action. Such as the runaway train in Silver Streak and the first scenes in the Indiana Jones movies.


So this topic is a tough one for me. Instead, because it is also Halloween week, I thought I would share photos from Halloween parties my parents used to have. Some of the costumes were frightening! This was from 1993:

Sister, Sabrina & her husband, Steve
My brother, Steve and his daughter, Krissy
 
My dad as a nun with son-in-law, Mike
My aunt, Lorene and brother-in-law, Scott
 And the scariest photo, this one with a "ghost" running through it.

Whole group photo with our colonial ghost

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.