Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ellen's Questions Part 3

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

 It's Saturday Night again -

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Here is our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing

1)  Ellen Thompson-Jennings posted 20 questions on her Hound on the Hunt blog two weeks ago - see Even More Questions About Your Ancestors and Maybe A Few About You (posted 27 June).

2)  We will do these five at a time - Questions 11 to 15 tonight (we did 1 through 5 two weeks ago and questions 6 tthrough 10 last week)

3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook post.

My responses for this week's questions:

11)  If money wasn’t an issue; where would you go to do genealogy research?

Germany to research the Hork/Trösster line in Kirchhundem, Kreis Olpe, Westfalia.
Travel from Texas to South Carolina, hitting every county where my mother’s southern families lived. I want to find the records that were not filmed by FamilySearch.

Kirchhundem

12)  Do you ever feel like you’re the only person researching your family?

I am mostly the only person researching my family. I did find a couple of people researching my Gleeson line many years ago, but no one else seems to research my mother’s Southern lines, nor my father’s German lines. My cousin, Gigi, does some research and is interested in things that I find. Norman's aunt and cousin are interested in what I find about the Nilsen and Lundquist families.

13)  Why do you think you’re interested in your family history and other family members might not be?

I’m not sure. I think most have not been exposed to the stories. I told a story about my mother to my nephew last December and he has urged me to write up a book about the family. So that is the current goal.

14)  Do you intend to write about your genealogy/family history findings?

I have written two books, one on the Gleeson family and one on the Nilsen family. I plan to write a book about the Hork family next.

15) Did you ever make a genealogy mistake that caused you to have to prune your family tree
Not yet, but mostly because I am careful before putting them on the tree. DNA might someday cause a pruning.

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. It must be nice to have relatives who are also doing research! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.