Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of Dec 21-27, 2020

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

I have completed forty-one (41) weeks of semi- “lock down” due to Covid-19. I went out only this week on Tuesday to pick up books at the library, Thursday for phenology, and two walks to the mailbox with my husband and one around the marina.

Genealogy

Blog Writing:
Blogs posted this past week: Haven’t written the 52 Ancestor’s yet. Last week’s 52 Ancestors made the weekly highlight this week.

Online Study Groups Attended:  The only study groups that met this week due to the holiday.

  • Monday Morning. 15 of us attended this week.
  • Wednesday, the three of us Amigos met.

Webinars Attended:

  • “FamilySearch’s Secret Weapon: Court Order Books,” by Barbara Vines Little (NGS On Demand)

Client Work/Presentations:
Received signed authorization for some client work.

Volunteer Work:
None this week. 

Own Work:
I continued working daily on the Beginning Genealogy class for the Adult School that will start in February. It is probably about 80% complete. Next, need to work on the Genealogy Workshop class and then the deed class for CGS.

Other:
I attended the Coast Division Zoom meeting on Saturday. There was lots of talk about adhesives and sharing of Christmas presents.

I visited with my sisters on Zoom Monday night, and our daughters on Christmas. Our Christmas was quiet, just the two of us. We made potato soup on Christmas Eve and had ham on Christmas.


I finished reading:

  • Murder at Union Square by Victoria Thompson
  • Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear

I am working on:

  • A History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage
  • A Share in Death by Deborah Crombie

Photos taken this week: 





Merry Christmas!

Copyright © 2020 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Hope you are enjoying the holidays. Happy New Year and let's hope our lives return to whatever the new, healthier normal will be. Photo of the white bird is my favorite this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.