Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - How Many Days Old Are You?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night - 

Time for more Genealogy Fun! 

Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing is to:

1)  Do you know how many days you have lived?  How many hours?  How many minutes?  How many seconds?  


2)  For this challenge - do some calculating.  Figure out how many days you've lived, how many hours, how many minutes, how many seconds (you can round off to account for the time you were born on your birth date - do you know it?).   Tell us your birth date, birth time (if you know it), and then calculate your time alive up until your birth time today.


NOTE:  If math befuddles you, use the Age Calculator at 
http://www-users.med.cornell.edu/~spon/picu/calc/agecalc.htm 

3)  What does all of this mean to you?  Think about that marvelous "machine" inside your chest beating in rhythm.  Share your thoughts!  

Here’s mine:

I am not a big fan of math, though I am capable. I used the calculator link to get my numbers. On March 26 I was 67. I was born at 6:40 p.m. so I need to subtract 5 hours (I’m doing this at 1:40).

I am:

*24,690 days old

*592,555 hours old

*35,553,600 minutes old

*2,133,216,000 seconds old

Some thoughts:
I worked 32 yrs, 3 mos at BART, 1 year, 1 month at Alameda Sporting Goods, and some unknown number of days working in the library while attending Cal State University, Hayward for nearly four years. Let’s ignore that and stick with the “real” jobs. However, the math is too complicated and I need to subtract two maternity leaves and one unpaid leave while I went back to school, and I don’t have the details to do that.

Sleeping was a third or less of my life and the other time was spent working, reading, riding bikes, cooking meals, cleaning, going on trips, playing sports, going to school, and working on genealogy. Since I retired in 2010, I have probably spent 4-5 hours per day working on some aspect of genealogy, whether for myself or teaching & helping others.  That comes out to about:

*20,075 hours

*1,204,500 minutes

*72,270,000 seconds

doing what I love!


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Figuring out all the stats took a while even with a calculator. That's why I just stuck to genealogy thoughts. :) This was a unique challenge, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the best part is that you can plan even more years doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.