Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Paternal Grandfather's Matrilineal Line

It's Saturday Night -

time for more Genealogy Fun!


Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing is to:

1)  Who is in your paternal grandfather's matrilineal line (i.e., the mother of your paternal grandfather, and her mother, etc.)

2)  Write your own blog post, or add your response as a comment to this blog post, in a Facebook Status post or note.

Here’s mine:

My paternal grandfather was Johan Anton Hork (1843-1906), born in Oberhundem, Westfalen and died in Sheridan, Wyoming.

His mother was Maria Catharine Trösster (1813-1874), born and died in Oberhundem. She married Joseph Heinrich Horoch (1804-1857) 2 Aug 1835 in Oberhundem.

Her mother was Maria Elizabeth Döbener (1792-??). She married Johann Joseph Trösster (1778-1831) 22 Jan 1809 in Kirchhundem.

Her mother was Anna Elisabeth Schmies. She married Caspar Döbener. I have no dates. Their names came from Maria Elisabeth’s marriage record.

That is as far back as I have researched so far. I have focused on the Hork side more than Döbener, Trösster, Schmies, or Schulte. I need to revisit the church records in this location. The issue is the records are written in longhand in German script that is really hard to read. I am fortunate though that they are available at FamilySearch but I must go into a family history center to view them. Here is something to add to my research list the next time I go for research.

Johan Anton's maternal line to the right. Lots of blank spots.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You got as far as I did, but it sounds like you still have records that can be searched. There are no more records in these villages, so my Rusyn lines end here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I don't think it is that bad. It is the seventh generation out. I have other lines that only go out to the fifth generation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.