Skip to main content

Passed Down -- Nana's Cast Iron Pans

We don't have many heirlooms from my ancestors. My family did not have a lot of money but the few items that have been passed down are cherished. I especially love the black cast iron frying pans from Nana, my grandmother, Anne M Hork.

These pans are so well-seasoned, that I can cook anything in them without sticking. Plus they can be washed gently without worrying about losing the seasoning. In these pans, I have cooked French Toast, salmon patties, fried chicken, scrambled eggs, baked cornbread, and many other treats. They have also been on many camping trips with our Girl Scout Troop where the girls cooked burritos, tacos, and spaghetti sauce.
Nana's cast iron pans

#52Ancestors-Week 41: Passed Down

This is my fifth year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow (https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/) at Generations Cafe. I write each week on one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.