Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Genealogy Highlights for Last Month

It's Saturday Night -

time for more Genealogy Fun!


Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to:

1) What genealogy fun have you had this past month?  What is your genealogy highlight of the past month?  It could be attending or watching a webinar or local genealogy society meeting, finding a new ancestor, reading a new genealogy book, or anything else that you have enjoyed.

2)  Tell us about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook post.

Here's mine:

Most of the past month (since September 22) involved a vacation to the East Coast, but once I returned, I worked on some genealogy projects.

The vacation involved several days of traveling by train to New York City, where we spent one week with both of our daughters. Spending time with the daughters and creating new memories is a genealogy highlight.

Later, we visited Maine and New Hampshire to see fall colors and ride some tourist railroads. My husband and I created lasting memories.

Once home, I was back to doing the regular meetings and study groups with my genealogy friends and colleagues. I caught up on webinars I missed while on vacation, such as the Reisinger lectures presented by the Board for the Certification of Genealogists and hosted by Legacy Family Tree Webinars. This past Thursday, I began my four-week course for Applied Genealogy Institute teaching my course called Foundations 2. I covered analyzing documents and creating timelines. 


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You've had a fabulous month of genealogy highlights, aside form your bout with covid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.