Outside activities included phenology, History Center, hike, and anniversary party for my niece.
Genealogy
Genealogy Volunteer/Work:
I volunteered twice at the History Center again this week. Traci and I worked
on the Betty Maffei collection on Monday and on Tuesday, I entered books into
the library database and shelved them.
Genealogy Meetings:
Meetings I attended this week
were the CCCHS board meeting, an education committee meeting at CGS, NARA SIG, and
Oakland FS Center meeting. I met Linda for tea and we had a great get-together
talking about our projects and families.
Genealogy Writing/Research:
I got in a little more writing this week, finishing
up what I had started on Reuben Johnston, finishing up on the full-text search
for him and his brothers, and introducing their parents Sam & Elizabeth Johnston.
I also wrote a couple of proof summaries for the MGP class.
Blog Posts Published:
William Hutson “Hutts” Loveless Lived a Long Life
For the theme of “long-lasting,”
I wrote about my grandmother’s brother, who lived to 104.
SNGF: An Unusual Newspaper Article About Your
Ancestors
I wrote about my mother’s
photograph with Louis Armstrong.
I got in three posts about my
Johnston family this week:
Timeline for Reuben M. Johnston (1841-1924) – 12 for ‘26
12 for 26 – Full-text Search for R. M. Johnston & His Brothers
Sam & Elizabeth Johnston in Texas & Mississippi – 12 for ‘26
Courses Attended:
I again attended two sessions
of the Mastering Genealogical Proof study group on Monday and Thursday along
with completing two homework assignments, and the second class of the
Researching Your South Carolina Roots course on Tuesday.
Webinars Viewed:
I viewed the following
webinars, catching up on some I have missed:
- Supercharged Research: Working with AI Tools and Meeting Genealogy Standards by David S. Ouimette (BCG/LFTWebinars)
- Indirect Evidence Overturns a Direct Evidence Conclusion: From Hypothesis to Published Article by Julie Miller (APG Writers SIG)
Other:
Our
hike this week was in Tilden Park walking on a trail above the Farm and around
Jewel Lake. On Saturday, we attended an anniversary party of our niece and her
wife at the Boathouse at Lake Temescal. It was very nice.
I am reading:
- Miguel's Brave Knight:
Young Cervantes and His Dream of Don Quixote by Margarita Engle—FINISHED!
- Traveling Black: A story
of race and resistance by Mia Bay
- The Liberation Line: The
untold story of how American Engineering and ingenuity won World War II by Christian Wolmar
- Das große Giggler Geheimnis by Roddy Doyle
- Ancestoring: Understanding
Records, Family, and Ourselves by
Darci Hind Posz
Photos for this week.
Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives, but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.


.jpg)



Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.
If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.