Outside activities included phenology, History Center, day trip to Berkeley, a movie, and garage sales.
Genealogy
Genealogy Volunteer/Work:
I worked two afternoons at the History Center again this week, working with the
library database on Tuesday and attending a meeting about processing the Maffei
collection. I did a birth certificate pull for my long-standing client.
Genealogy Meetings:
This week I had meetings with
Jacqueline, the CGS education committee, APG Golden State Chapter, and the
Labor SIG.
Genealogy Writing/Research:
I did not write much this week, except for the
homework in the Mastering Genealogical Proof class I’m taking and the 52
Ancestors & SNGF blog posts. I started working on the Johnston family and
did a little research and writing during the one Level Up session I attended. Also,
my daughter is visiting and we spent time together.
Blog Posts Published:
Can Samuel Johnston’s 1850 Mississippi Neighborhood
Help Locate His Alabama & South Carolina Roots?
For the them of “Neighbors
and Community,” I wrote about Samuel Johnston and my efforts to locate his
roots.
SNGF: Extreme Weather or Natural Disaster Experiences
I wrote about my great aunt
and uncle during the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
Courses Attended:
I attended two sessions of
the Mastering Genealogical Proof study group.
Webinars Viewed:
I did not attend any webinars
this week.
Other:
There
was no hike scheduled this week because of the heat, though it was cooler on
Wednesday.
Our daughter visited us this week from New York City. On Thursday, we met our daughter, Elizabeth, in Berkeley to pick up Margaret who had been staying with her and would stay with us through today. In Berkeley, we visited a bookstore and clothing resale store, before having a lovely dinner at an Italian restaurant. On Friday, we had dinner with my sisters, after another day of resale stores. On Saturday, Margaret and I spent time at garage sales and visited the John Muir National Historic Park. For dinner, we ate at a Moroccan restaurant with live entertainment. The belly dancer enticed all of us to join her. On Sunday, we saw Cookie Queens at the movie theater. Afterwards, we stopped for sushi at a new-to-me Japanese restaurant. It was so nice having her this weekend.
I am reading:
- Ancestoring: Understanding
Records, Family, and Ourselves by
Darci Hind Posz
- The Old Success by Martha Grimes
- Das große Giggler Geheimnis by Roddy Doyle
Photos for this
week.
Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives, but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.
Copyright © 2011-2026 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.


Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.
If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.