Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 29: Music

I am working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I’m looking forward to writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

Who is or was musical in our family?

My daughter, Margaret, plays the piano, sings, and dances, as well as acts. Her favorite music is show tunes. In junior high and high school, she played percussion instruments.





Her grandmother, Thelma, sang in the St. Stephen's Church choir for over fifty years. She also loved classical and opera music. She had such a strong diaphragm from singing that she could blow up air mattress in no time at all.


My father-in-law’s uncle, Fred J. Davey, was a music teacher who played trombone and led the church orchestra and the Odd Fellows band in Springfield, Missouri.





My paternal grandmother, Anna Sullivan, was in her college Glee Club. She later was a school teacher, who probably loved singing with her classes. She taught us lots of fun songs that we sang while washing dishes.

My maternal grandmother’s cousin, Erwin M Loveless, was a musician who played by ear. 

It's nice to see those in the family who had some talent.


Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments