Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) What year was one of your great-grandparents born? Divide this number by 100 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel" - your software will create this - use the "Ahnentafel List" option, or similar). Who is that person, and what are his/her vital information?
3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook status or a Google Stream post, or as a comment on this blog post.
My great-grandfather Johan Anton Hork, was born 9 November 1843. Divide by 100 gives me the round number of 18, which is Vincent Sievert. (Actually all of my great-grandparents gave me either 18 or 19).
Vincent Sievert/Siewert, was born 24 January 1823 in Schneidemuehl in Posen; died 23 January 1890 in Joliet, Will Co, Illinois.
- married Susanna Raduntz on 10 February 1850 in Schneidemuehl.
- came to America aboard the ship Johanna Elise arriving in New York on 23 June 1852.
- was a stone mason.
- had eleven children with Susanna, ten born in Joliet.
Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.