Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of July 2-8, 2018

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Made some progress on my certification portfolio. I spent this week proofreading the KDP, first for spelling and grammar errors and then reviewing each of the citations. I added some photos to make it visually more appealing.
Five of us met in the certification peer group and shared our progress and lack of progress on our portfolios. It was nice hearing about Dennis’ class at GRIP.

At the history center, I started on a house history by first doing deed research, working my way back to find the first buyer. The client is interested in learning who built her house. I also attended the presentation of the interview with Betty, who was the first executive director of the center. It was very interesting learning how the archives all started.

I taught an Introduction to Genealogy class at the California Genealogical Society to three eager genealogists.

Blog Writing: Blog posts I wrote this week:
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post about three facts of my ancestor, Vincent Sievert.
And my 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks was about my independent aunt, Lorene Hork Waldron.

Other
Woke early every morning to watch tennis from Wimbledon. There has been some very exciting matches and lots of upsets. Looking forward to more this coming week.

Outdoors activities included working in the native plant garden at the Visitor’s Center and the phenology project at Strentzel Meadow. The weather has warmed up. I brought a camera with a telephoto lens and got some shots of various insects at the meadow.





Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments