Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Four Things!

It's Saturday Night -

time for more Genealogy Fun!


Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing today is to:

1)  Let's have some genealogy fun tonight and answer some family history-related questions with four responses (Four Things!).

2)  Share your answers with us in your own blog, in a Facebook or Instagram post, or in the comments on this blog post.  Please leave a link to anything you post elsewhere in a comment.

Here's mine:

Four names I go by:

1. Lisa
2. The Girl
3. Mommy
4. Mrs. Gorrell

Four places I’ve lived:

1. Concord, California
2. Pittsburg, California
3. Walnut Creek, California
4. Martinez, California (all in the same county!)

Four ancestral places I have been:

1. Anaconda, Montana
2. Hamilton, Montana
3. Conway, Arkansas
4. Stephenville, Texas

Four interesting places I have been:

1. Harz Mountain area in Germany
2. Cornwall, England
3. Guatemala
4. Niagara Falls

Four favorite ancestors:

1. Anna Maria Sullivan (paternal grandmother)
2. Elizabeth M. Gleeson (paternal great grandaunt)
3. Ebenezer Loveless (maternal great-great-grandfather)
4. Pansy Louise Lancaster (maternal grandmother)

Four favorite genealogy record collections:

1. Newspapers
2. Directories
3. Land
4. Deeds

Of course I have more favorite genealogy records to add and more interesting places I have visited.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You are definitely a California girl! I'd love to visit Cornwall. It's one of the only areas of England I haven't been to. Your favorite ancestors are much closer in time to you than mine. My favorites vary, depending on which lines I'm working, but somehow the favorites are always the ones who cause the most research trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added Cornwall to the ancestral area. We did visit some of the villages my husband's ancestors lived in. We love England and there are some other places to visit. That trip to Cornwall also included Wales.

      Delete
  2. All the places you listed for where you lived are in Contra Costa County. Have you lived anywhere else? How wonderful to have such strong roots in one area. We used to call my mother the Wandering Jew because we were always moving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never lived anywhere else except perhaps a Greyhound bus for a month.

      Delete
    2. Wow. It's a good thing I'm the genealogist in my family and am documenting things, because we would be so hard to find as we moved everywhere. I love it when I find families who stayed in one place!

      Delete
  3. I loved the four answer idea. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.