Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of Nov 21–27, 2022

I have completed one hundred forty-two (142) weeks of semi-lockdown due to Covid-19. I volunteered at the History Center on Tuesday and was sick with a non-Covid illness the rest of the week.

Genealogy

Blog Writing: I posted a few extra posts this week while I was still feeling well.

Wrong Side of the Law: Finding Those Surprising Reports in Newspapers. I wrote about how locating newspaper articles pointed me to court records.

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: My Thanksgiving Day We were to share our Thanksgiving Day this year.

Davey Family: Sorting Through Some Deaths in Indiana. I wrote about a couple of death certificates I found in a new-to-me database on Ancestry.

Happy Thanksgiving! I shared an old-time postcard depicting Thanksgiving greetings.

Happy Thanksgiving! On my Mam-ma’s Southern Family blog, I posted a copy of the turkey and stuffing recipe my mother shared with me. It is what we cooked for Thanksgiving.

Meetings/Discussion Groups
Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, there were no meetings or discussion groups scheduled except for my weekly talk with Jacqueline.

Volunteer
I volunteered at the History Center on Tuesday and worked on the photos in PastPerfect to prepare for uploading to the website.

Client Work
I corrected the last of the homework from my AppGen course.

Own Work
I continued working on the Ruben Mack Johnston genealogy and finished working on child number 8, Woodie, and his descendants and child number 9, Lillie Estelle Nina. She had only one daughter who had no children.  There is one more child, child number 11, Oral Dotterage, which I will work on this week.

Webinars Viewed:

  • Hunting for Henry: A Case Study Using Collaterals by Teresa Steinkamp McMillin (BCG/Legacy)

I am reading: I read a lot because I had no energy to do much else.

  • Ghosts of Gold Mountain by Gordon H. Chang—FINISHED!
  • A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny—FINISHED!
  • On the Home Front: The Women’s Land Army in World War II by Stephanie A Carpenter—FINISHED!
  • Working the Land: The Stories of Ranch and Farm Women in the Modern American West by Sandra K Schackel

Other:
I joined my friends on a hike to Mullholland Ridge in Moraga.

Thursday morning, woke with a sore throat. I tested negative and over the days it moved into my chest with a deep cough. Being too sick to go to Train Club for the show, I spent most of the time resting, napping, and reading. I watched some World Cup soccer: the US against England, and Spain against Germany, in which both games ended in ties.

Photos for this week:




Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.