Skip to main content

SNGF: Run a "Problem Search" On Your Family Tree + More

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It’s Saturday Night again 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!! 

 

 

 

 

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has asked us to do a problem check on our family tree, however, he discovered we did this in October. So we’re to put our link in, then do some research and report on that. 

Here’s Mine:
I did do the problem check previously and here is the link: https://mytrailsintothepast.blogspot.com/2023/10/sngf-do-genealogy-software-problem.html 

Well, I would love to report on some research but I cannot. This morning, after a Windows Update, my computer's sound devices stopped working. I tried everything I could think of but could not solve it. So I took my computer to our trusty repair guy and I’m working on an old Win7 computer. 

Now, the crazy thing with this old laptop, my desktop image is sideways and I cannot get it to turn, no matter what setting I use. When the image is sideways, it is difficult to use the mouse because it doesn’t move in the direction you expect. Finally, I decided to hook up an external monitor because that setting looked correct. Yeah! When I move individual windows over to the external monitor, they are facing the correct way. I am able to work on this post! 

As for doing some research and reporting on it, this laptop has RootsMagic 7 and an old database at that, last updated in 2020. I guess that is when I purchased the new laptop. The documents on this computer are that old, too, and those on the new computer are up to date and backed up to Backblaze. 

I’m supposed to be working on the 14-day Research Like a Pro challenge, but I will have to wait until I get the laptop back. 

What will I do with myself without a computer? Read, go through papers to sort and scan, and maybe watch a movie or too. I could go for more walks if it doesn’t rain. I sure hope they can fix my problem. I need the sound to work for Zoom meetings and presentations! Luckily I have no presentations planned for this week.

Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Computer problems certainly impact our lives now, don't they? My husband's computer is old and not working right either. He's on my new laptop until his new computer arrives in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it would be a problem taking it in, but I cannot live without sound working.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.