Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Best Genealogy Achievements in 2023

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!






Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has our assignment for tonight:

1)  What were your best genealogy achievements in 2023?  Tell us - show us a document, or tell us a story, or display a photograph.  Brag a bit!  You've earned it!

2) Tell us about your best genealogy achievements in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook Status post.  Please leave a link on this post if you write your own post.

Here's mine:
I’m taking a detour from working on a presentation about federal land records to write this. Here are two of my favorite finds from last year.

I tend to write about the finds and achievements I have when I find them. One of the best was finding a newspaper article that my grandfather signed up to play baseball at the Naval Training Station in San Diego during WWI.

Another was finding an article that named my 2x-great-aunt’s classmates and making it possible to identify the girls in a photo we have that “high school class of ’92 Mitchell S.D.” is written on the back. I don’t know who is who exactly but I know the names of the six girls.

Major Achievements
One major achievement was turning in my BCG renewal in December. I have not yet heard. It will probably be a month or so more. 

Another is creating and teaching two full courses at the Applied Genealogy Institute on probate and land records. 

And the third was to present at my first all-day in-person seminar in Maine. That was loads of fun!

Now back to my regular programming, ah, work.

Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I love your baseball find and congratulations on teaching AGI classes, turning in your renewal for BCG and presenting an in-person seminar in Maine. That was quite a trip from CA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.