Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of Aug 19-25, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

A day late, but at least it's done.

Genealogy
Blog Writing:

Webinars/Study Groups Attended: 
I watched several webinars this week, catching up on some shown while I was on vacation. I enjoyed all of them, though I probably won’t do a bullet journal. Loved platting Mark’s examples from his handout.
  • Bullet Journaling for Genealogy, by Shellee A. Morehead
  • Writing for NGSQ, by Nancy A. Peters and Allen R Peterson
  • 10 Tools for Genealogical Writing, by Harold Henderson
  • Basics of Land Platting - Part I & Part II by J. Mark Lowe

 I also checked in with my Friday cert study group. It was nice conversing with everyone.

Own Work:
Last week I did some newspaper research in the Comanche Chief searching for information for the Saturday Night Genealogy Fun blog post. My great-grandaunt, Coreta Hutson Speed was the Tax Collector.

I wrote two blog posts (not yet published) about research I had done. One is for Lydia Davey Colby, due to finding her (finally) in a New York State Death Index. The other is finding her, and her parents on a ship list, even though their name is misspelled and her father’s name is wrong. I plan to publish them soon.

Other:
Monday and Tuesday were spent on the train, returning from Chicago. I was able to attend the Yoga class and my ukulele lesson on Thursday, a nice walk at the Marina on Friday, the Polish Festival and the Fish Fry on Saturday, and on Friday evening we celebrated our 40th Anniversary by going out to dinner at Roxx’s on the Main. It was their second night open. It was a wonderful week.



Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments