Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Weeks of Aug 5-11, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Blog Writing:
Webinars/Study Groups Attended: 
I attended no webinars this week, but was able to check in with my Friday cert study. It was fun telling about my research trip to the NPRC in St. Louis.

Own Work:
Besides the blog posts I managed to write (we have wifi on the boat), I have been working on outling my four-week class at the adult school. I also got in a little research in Clinton at the historical society where I found some information on the Catholic church a Gleeson family probably attended in Waterford Township.

Other:
Our week involved traveling up the Mississippi River on the American Queen steamboat. We visited Hannibal, Missouri, Clinton, Iowa, Dubuque, Iowa, La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Red Wing, Minnesota. We didn’t do extra tours but rode the Hop On/Hop Off bus to see some very interesting sights. We had never been in any of these cities before. I have taken lots of photos! The trip started out very warm and humid but as we moved north, the weather cooled down some and it even rained in La Crosse.




 

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments