Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of Feb 1-7, 2021

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

I have completed forty-seven (47) weeks of semi- “lock down” due to Covid-19. I left the house this past week to teach my online class from the classroom at the Acalanes Adult School on Monday, took two walks with my husband, and did phenology with Shirley on Thursday. I got some outdoor weeding in. The Oxalis is overtaking the yard from this wonderous rain we have had.

Genealogy

Blog Writing:

Week 5: In the Kitchen—The Place Everyone Hung Out. I shared some photos taken in the kitchen of my childhood home during some family.

Saturday Day Night Genealogy Fun—Where Were Your Ancestral Families in 1920?. We listed our families who were alive in 1920 and I found 25 of my daughter’s ancestors alive, and managed to get back to their 3x-great-grandparents.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended: I attended Amigos and Cert Peer study group this week.

Webinars Attended: I attended no webinars during the week.

Client Work/Presentations:I taught the first session of two courses at the Acalanes Adult School, a beginning class and an intermediate workshop class. Both are small but there was nice participation. I also started the Deed Reading & Locating class with CGS and tried out doing group exercises in the break out rooms and that work fine.

Volunteer & Own WorkJust working on writing lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, and handouts for my Acalanes class, the CGS class, and the talk I'm giving on Saturday..

Other:
I attended the Coast Division meeting on Saturday and heard about my friend Dave’s layout and how he chose what railroads to model. I also attended Gena’s Book Club on Sunday and we talked about the books we were reading.

I finished reading:

  • Song of the Lion by Anne Hillerman

I am working on:

  • The Dark Vineyard by Martin Walker
  • They Were Her Property by Stephanie E. Jones-Rogers
  • A History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage
  • Doing Grammar by Max Morenberg

Photos taken this week:




Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments