Skip to main content

Applied Genealogy Institute - My Course in Records


I am part of the Applied Genealogy Institute and registration is open until January 9, 2022 for these five wonderful courses:
  • Catholic Records; Margaret S. Fortier, CG
  • Applied Genetic Genealogy; Leah Larkin, Ph.D
  • Foundations I: Using the Records; Lisa S. Gorrell, CG
  • Advanced Swedish Genealogy; Jill Morelli, CG
  • Learning from Ledgers: Diane L. Richard
A full course description and how to sign up for a course can be found at https://appliedgen.institute/. Our courses are virtual, last four weeks, and have a small class size of no more than 15. Besides lessons, there are in-class activities and weekly homework that is individually commented on by the instructor. 

My course, Foundations I: Focus on Using Records, will cover common record sets used by genealogists, from vital records and census, to land and probate along with military, directories, newspapers, and immigration. Foundations II (a future course) will focus on improving research skills & reporting.

If more than 15 people register for any class, a lottery will be run to choose the class list. So there is still time to register for one of the classes above before January 9. It is not first come, first serve.

Hope to see you in one of the courses!


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I'm trying out AppGen this time. I put in for Jill's class on advanced Swedish research. There is more I can do because records go back earlier than the beginning 1800s, which is where I am at now. I hope I get one of the class spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on trying us out. Good luck in getting into her class. I'm sure it'll be excellent.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.