Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What First Sparked Your Interest in Family History?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, is to:

1) Daniel Loftus and several other genealogists on Twitter (see https://twitter.com/hashtag/MyGenealogyStory?src=hashtag_click) challenged genealogists to share what first sparked their interest in family history. What was yours?

2) Post your responses on your own blog, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status post, or on Twitter using the #MyGenealogyStory hashtag). Be sure to comment and leave a link to your post on this post.


Here's mine:

First off, I have written about my beginnings before. First time was with the first week of 52 Ancestors blogging meme in 2018, where we wrote about Start.

The next time I wrote about it was a SNGF post in 2019 asking how we got started in genealogy research.

When I'm introduced to people as a speaker, I always say it was the birth of my daughters that got me thinking about the connection between the future and the past. I do genealogy for my pleasure, but I also do it so future generations know about the family of the past.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Like so many of us, you got hooked right away. Sutro is one library I've never visited, but would love to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Sutro Library since they moved to the SF State campus. It was so much easier to drive there at their old place that had room for parking. My friend and I hope to visit in the next month or so. Thanks for telling me about the links.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.