Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Favorite Summer Memory

 It's Saturday Night - 

time for more Genealogy Fun! 


Our mission from Randy Seaver of GeneaMusing is to:

1)  What is your favorite summer memory?  [Thanks to Linda Stufflebean for suggesting topics!]

Here’s mine:

I have many summer memories: playing in the creek, eating watermelon on the back patio, pretending to be a teacher and playing school with my younger siblings, barbequing hamburgers, going to the summer rec program, sleeping outdoors on super-hot nights, and reading in a cool, shady spot in the backyard.

We took few vacations. We went once to the beach in Santa Cruz, spending a few days in a cabin in the redwoods and visiting the beach daily.


We spent a week with my grandmother at her cabin in Nice, on Clear Lake.


I spent three weeks with my grandmother, Nana, in Southern California and visited Disneyland for the first time.


I spent a week after sixth grade at Twin Canyons Girl Scout Day Camp. I have no photos but wonderful memories of singing, cooking, doing crafts, and hiking. Many years later, my daughters and I enjoyed the camp for at least twelve years when they attended and I used a week’s vacation volunteering.

These are all great memories, but I always enjoyed returning to school and its daily regimen, and seeing my friends.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You have many fun memories and I love your photos. I love the picture of your Nana, but I doubt many dress that formally for Disneyland today. It's a bygone era for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we weren't at Disneyland that day. We'd visited Mission San Juan Capistrano. Except that was how she dressed all of the time. Never saw her in pants.

      Delete
    2. She looks great. It's too bad more of us don't dress up nowadays.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.