Outside activities included phenology, bird watching, two memorial services, and lunch with friends.
Genealogy
Genealogy Volunteer/Work:
This week, I volunteered at the History Center twice. I got a lot done with the
assessions and with the library database. I picked up a death certificate for
my long-time client.
Genealogy Meetings:
I met briefly with Jacqueline on
Monday. We talked about her possibly coming for the CGS open house, but later
she decided against it.
Genealogy Writing/Research:
I spent the last part of the month finishing up the Bishop family research and
started on the Sullivan family at the beginning of the month. I wrote up the John
Coor’s timeline for the South Carolina class and sent it to Craig Scott. John
Coor had served in the War of 1812 for a month.
Blog Posts Published:
Frederick and Susannah Bishop of Ross
County, Ohio – 12 for ‘26
I wrote about Mary Ann
Bishops’ parents, Frederick and Susannah Bishop.
SNGF: What Were You Doing in 2001?
Randy Seaver had us write about our activities
in 2001. That was hard, as I didn’t keep a journal or write a Christmas letter
like Randy did.
Courses Attended:
I attended the first session of the South Carolina Research class, both the
sessions of the America 250 class, and the recording of the second SC session.
This coming week is the last for these classes to overlap.
Webinars Viewed:
- Unreasonably Exhaustive Research: Finding a Mother & a Father for a Man of Common Name, Born c1788 Virginia by Elizabeth Shown Mills (Legacy Family Tree Webinars)
- My Ancestor was a Postmaster by Jeanette Sheliga (Dallas Genealogical Society)
- “World War II Case Studies: Reconstructing Your Ancestors’ Service” by Kristin Barcomb (Sonoma Co Gen Soc
Other:
I went to the gym Monday and Wednesday
but was too sore for Friday’s session. On Wednesday, instead of hiking, I went
with the Mt Diablo Bird Alliance to Oakland where we birded at Middle Harbor
Regional Park. On Friday, I met Nancy, Larry, and Terry at the Europa in Orinda.
I am reading:
- The Liberation Line: The untold story of how
American Engineering and ingenuity won World War II by Christian Wolmar
- Das große Giggler Geheimnis by Roddy Doyle
Photos for this
week. Our view while bird watching.

Genealogists are great at
documenting our ancestors’ lives, but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll
write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy
Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.
Copyright © 2011-2026 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.
Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.
If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.