Skip to main content

SNGF -- What Were You Doing in 2001?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings, is to:

1)  Do you recall what you were doing in 2001?  Family, school, work, hobbies, technology, genealogy, vacations, etc?

Here's mine:
I am not fortunate to have created yearly Christmas letters, so I had to jog my memory by looking at the various Creative Memories photo albums to see what events I memorialized.

I was working at BART as an Employee Development Specialist, working out of Hayward Yard. During that year, my coworker, Johanna, and I talked our supervisor to let us teach new train operators out of the building located at the end of the storage tracks at C75. We proposed to have a 3-car train parked there for our use, because I had created an all-new training based on performance standards. We moved tables and chairs there. There were already desks. But we needed lots of other supplies and it took a few weeks to do that. I remember one of the days we purchased some items was 9/11.

My children were in the 5th and 7th grades. The fifth-grade class had a history day at John Muir National Historic Park and my mother-in-law, Thelma, and I helped that day.

During the summer, we spent a week at Diablo Day Camp, a Girl Scout camp, and I may have volunteered in the Hive. Later that summer, the girls attended the sleep away camp, Two Sentinels, another Girl Scout camp and I volunteered in the kitchen as a cook. Two Sentinels is located near Kirkwood, at 8000 feet. Since it was my first year, they let me off to hike with my eldest and do the polar bear swim with my youngest. It was lots of fun.

That is about all I remember about that year, except the terror after 9/11, especially at work, with new procedures being made and worrying if there would be another attack.

Copyright © 2011-2026 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments