Skip to main content

Week 4: Favorite Photo – Nana with her Sisters

This is my fourth year working on this year-long 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

My grandmother, Anna M. Sullivan, was born in Anaconda, Montana, the youngest child of five. She had just one brother, Jack, and three sisters, Helena (Nellie), Loretto, and Ethel.[1]

After attending the Normal School in Dillon, Montana, she then taught school until her marriage to William Cyril Hork on 30 Nov 1922.[2] Shortly after their marriage, the couple moved to Los Angeles, California.[3]

They did make visits back to Montana over the years. I have a photo of their first child, Lorene in Hamilton, where Cyril was from.

After Anna and Cyril separated, Anna made several trips to Montana to visit her sister, Nellie, who lived in Anaconda.

One of the trips in 1946, her sister, Loretto, accompanied her. I like how they are all dressed up. They’re all wearing pearls, too! Perhaps it was Sunday and they had just come back from Mass.

Nellie, Loretto, Anna - 1946, Anaconda, Montana



[1] 1900 U.S. census, Deer Lodge County, Montana, pop sched, Anaconda, ED 15, sht 1, dwelling 24, family 24, John Sullivan, digital image, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com), NARA T623, roll 911.

[2] Silver Bow County, Montana, Marriage, record A-14551, William C. Hork & Anna M. Sullivan, 30 Nov 1922.


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. They look three determined women, ready to face whatever life throws at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very distinguished looking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.