Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Our "Academy of Genealogy and Family History" (AGFH) Nominees

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

 


Here is our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing:

1)    Does anyone recall the Academy of Genealogy and Family History (AGFH) awards from back in the 2008-2012 time frame, hosted by Jasia on Creative gene?  Genea-bloggers would nominate blog entries in different categories, and Jasia would collect all of them with links to each blogger's post.  The bloggers selected their own posts for nominations.

2)  This week, let us nominate the "best" posts from 2020 that we wrote in these categories:

*  Best Picture (a photograph)

*  Best Screenplay (a story)

*  Best Documentary (a series)

*  Best Biography

*  Best Comedy

3)  Put it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook post.  Please leave a link in a comment to this post.

Here’s Mine:

The best photographs posted last year were birds I photographed at my feeder (since I couldn’t go on bird watching trips any longer due to Covid.  
Monday Genea-pourri  July 13
Monday Genea-pourri June 22
Monday Genea-pourri Apr 20

The best story was about the building of a bridge over the Vesle River in France. My great-uncle was an engineer with the 8th Engineers. It was pretty scary stuff, building a bridge with bullets flying overhead.
https://mytrailsintothepast.blogspot.com/2020/10/52-ancestors-week-44-scary-stuff.html

The best series was the one on my father-in-law about his service in England during World War II in the Army Air Corps. 
Part 1: “Air: George J Gorrell Served in the Army Air Corps”
Part 2: “US Army Air Corps Base in England Where George J Gorrell Served”
Part 3: “Letters Home, Using V-Mail”
Part 4: “Service: George J Gorrell’s WWII Service”
Part 5: “VE Day in Chester”

Best biography was the story of the Thomas and Mary Davey family in Cornwall, England. https://mytrailsintothepast.blogspot.com/2020/07/52-ancestors-old-countrythomas-davey.html

The best comedy was the one about my Aunt Bev. The photos of her posing in different outfits was a hit and received lots of comments.
https://mytrailsintothepast.blogspot.com/2020/10/52-ancestors-week-43-quite-character-my.html

Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You had some great posts last year! I particularly like the series about your father-in-law.

    And aha!, someone else who doesn't like the new interface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write my posts in Word, so I can have footnotes. I copy and paste into Blogger, and some of the paragraphs have different formatting. I don't know how to fix it. I don't like when the layout doesn't look right or fonts are different. I've had to start over sometimes. If only I knew HTML and could go in and fix whatever is the problem.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.