Skip to main content

Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2020

Jill Ball of GeniAus has a meme to celebrate the best of 2020.

Remember to Accentuate the Positive
(I deleted the items that were not relevant to my situation.)

1. An elusive ancestor I found were the father and grandfather of Amos Gorrell in Beaver Co, PA.

2. A great newspaper article I found was the 50th anniversary writeup on my great-aunt’s in-laws, that also pointed to her marriage.

3. A geneajourney I planned but didn't take was a research trip I had planned to lead to the FHL in Salt Lake City after the NGS Conference.

4. I located an important record for the marriage of Ethel Sullivan and John Vir Quigley, due to the article found in no. 2 above.

7. My 2020 social media post that I was particularly proud of was a blog post I wrote about the restrictive covenant that was part of my grandparents’ deed.

8. I made a new genimate who we meet now twice a month to discuss 20th century military records.

10. I joined several non-local genealogical societies, one so I got a discount for an online classes and the others because my ancestors came from there.

11. A genealogy education session or event from which I learnt something new: this was the year of online classes. I learned about writing from Tom Jones. I studied NGSQ articles and the Mastering Genealogical Proof book by Tom Jones. I attended to conferences NGS and FGS and still am watching the OnDemand sessions. I also attended MAAGI and learned a lot about African American research.

12. A blog post that taught me something new was “16 Facts to Write About Yourself and Memoir Mad Libs ” from Family Tree Magazine.

14. I taught a genimate how to quite a few things, as I taught several courses at the local adult school and at the local genealogical society.

17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was The Color of Law and The Hello Girls.

18. Zoom gave me an opportunity to see all of my genea-friends weekly. I sure wish we could be together, but this is the next best thing!

19. I am excited for 2021 because I have two SLIG classes scheduled and may attend two classes at GRIP. I hope we can travel in the fall.

20. Another positive I would like to share is my family is healthy. We stay at home and make as little outside trips as possible.

Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I'm envious of your 2 SLIG classes. I got shut out in the first minute of registration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. After hearing all of the people who wanted in but didn't get in, I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to allow only one class per person. I think they were worried it wouldn't fill up. Did you not put in for waitlist? They opened many seats in both of my classes: Migration, and Social History.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your support of this challenge through the years, Linda. Our genealogy community seems to have made the most of a dour situation. It's sad to follow the dire Covid situation in the US, you are smart to stay put. Best wishes for your SIG courses, I hope they herald a safer year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful meme. Best wishes for you, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.