Skip to main content

It’s My 10th Blogiversary!

Happy Blogiversary!
It’s been ten years since I started this blog to write about my genealogy journey in researching my father’s and my husband’s ancestry. This involves many states (except the southern states of my mother’s ancestry), Ontario and British Columbia in Canada, counties of Cork and Tipperary in Ireland and Cornwall in England, several states in Germany, and several counties in Sweden. All too many to list here, but check out my tags to see where I research.

In the past ten years, I have written 722 posts! This year, I wrote 141 posts (three more than last year). I wrote about the following topics: 

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: 41 posts. Sometimes these weekly themes, suggested by Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, didn’t interest me.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 40 posts, with the rest on my other blog, Mam-ma’s Southern Family.

Monday Genea-pouri: 52 posts, one for each week of the year. I write this meme regularly, highlighting mostly what genealogy activities I have done. In the past year, it has been mostly online due to the pandemic. I always try to find some interesting photos to post, mostly of nature.

Family stories: I only wrote 9 posts about the families. I need to write more about the families that don’t correspond to the weekly themes.

My favorite post I worked on this year was "52 Ancestors: Week 44 - Scary Stuff: Building a Bridge Over the Vesle (France)." Actually, that post lists all of the post I had written about my great-uncle's WWI experiences.

The post with the most comments: "52 Ancestors--Week 43: Quite the Character - My Aunt Beryl" with 4 comments.

My goal for this next year is to write more family stories and add some how-to articles.


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on a decade of blogging, Lisa. I enjoy both your stories and your beautiful Monday photos. Best wishes for many more years of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, happy blogiversary and looking forward to your family stories and how-to posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I consider this a major accomplishment. I find your blogs always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. I am coming up to my 11th and never thought I woudld still be here today - writing it has been such a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.