Outside activities included phenology, History Center, hike, and trips to National Park sites with Jacqueline.
Genealogy
Genealogy Volunteer/Work:
I volunteered twice at the History Center again this week. Traci, John, and I
worked on the Betty Maffei collection on Monday. On Tuesday, I helped a trio of
researchers.
Genealogy Meetings:
Meetings I attended this week were a
special CCCHS board meeting and the RootsMagic SIG.
Genealogy Writing/Research:
I got in a little more writing this week, finishing up the Johnston line by
writing about Reuben’s wife, Olivia Jane Jones. I have started on the new month
researching Shotts.
Blog Posts Published:
The
Family of Olivia Jane Jones – Final 12 for ’26 for August
I finished up the Johnston month by
researching and writing about Reuben’s wife, Olivia Jane Jones.
Catharine
Elizabeth Shotts Gorrell
For 52 Ancestors, I wrote
about Amos Gorrell’s wife, Catharine.
SNGF: How Do You Use Artificial Intelligence Tools?
I wrote about how I really don’t use
much AI.
Courses Attended:
I again attended the third class of the Researching Your South Carolina Roots
course on Tuesday.
Webinars Viewed: none this week.
Other:
Our hike this week was on an East Bay
Municipal Utility District property out of Moraga. It was cool and even
sprinkled a bit on us. Jacqueline arrived in the Bay Area and we visited the
Rosie the Riveter National Historic Park on Saturday and the USS Red Oak on
Sunday, which wasn’t our original plan, but the tour we had was fantastic on
the ship. After a late lunch, we visited the Golden Gate Model Railroad Museum
at the Miller/Knox Regional Park in Pt. Richmond.
I am reading:
- Traveling Black: A story of race and resistance by Mia Bay—FINISHED!
- The Liberation Line: The untold story of how
American Engineering and ingenuity won World War II by Christian Wolmar
- Das große Giggler
Geheimnis by Roddy Doyle
- Ancestoring: Understanding Records, Family, and Ourselves by Darci Hind Posz
Photos for this week.
Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives, but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.




Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.
If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.