Outside activities included phenology, hikes, visit to a friend’s train layout, train club show, and three trips to the gym.
Genealogy
Genealogy Volunteer/Work:
This week, Traci, John, and I met at the History Center to continue our work with
the Maffei collection. We continued sorting photos and transferred them
temporarily into folders and document boxes. On Tuesday, I worked on several queries
sent to the History Center.
On Saturday, I hosted the presentation of the California Genealogical Society on Zoom.
Genealogy Meetings:
I attended the NARA SIG at Kinseekers
and the Irish SIG at California Genealogical Society. week.
Genealogy Writing/Research:
I spent Thursday, Friday, and the weekend researching the Bishop family and
wrote two blog posts.
Blog Posts Published:
My Grandmother Told Me the Story of her
Childhood
For
the theme of “What Wasn’t Written Down,” I wrote about my grandmother’s childhood.
David Shotts and Mary Wagoner of Ross
County, Ohio – 12 for ‘26
I wrote about Daniel Shotts’
parents, David and Mary Shotts.
SNGF: Your Oldest Confirm Record
Randy Seaver had us write about our oldest
found record. I chose a German church record from 1755.
Courses Attended:
I attended the South Carolina Research class and watched the recordings from the
America 250 class this past week. Two more weeks for these classes to overlap.
Webinars Viewed:
- From Arrival to Archive: Part I by Reem Awad-Rashmawi (California Genealogy Society)
- From Arrival to Archive: Part II by Reem Awad-Rashmawi (California Genealogy Society)
- 5 Ways Tax Lists Can Assist Your Pennsylvania Research by Katy Bodenhorn (Legacy Family Tree Webinars)
Other:
I went to the gym Monday, Tuesday,
and Friday. On Wednesday, we hiked at Point Pinole Regional Park. I also
visited a friend’s model railroad layout in Alameda and afterwards the six of
us had dinner at Speisekammer. I track walked at the the Train Club show on
Friday.
I am reading:
- The Liberation Line: The untold story of how
American Engineering and ingenuity won World War II by Christian Wolmar
- Das große Giggler
Geheimnis by Roddy Doyle
- The Dentist by Tim Sullivan
Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives, but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.
Copyright © 2011-2026 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.



Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.
If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.