Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of September 7–13, 2026

Outside activities included phenology, bird watching, and trips to National Park sites with Jacqueline.

Genealogy

Genealogy Volunteer/Work:
I sent out the final press releases for the BCG webinar. Our writing group met in person this week at the Oakland FamilySearch Center and after a couple of hours of sharing, we ate lunch up the street.

Genealogy Meetings: 
Meetings I attended this week were a special CCCHS board meeting and the RootsMagic SIG.  

Genealogy Writing/Research:
I did very little writing and research this week, only working a bit on Saturday and Sunday on the Shotts line.

Blog Posts Published:

A Fact that Makes Me Smile
I wrote about my grandmother registering to vote in a different party than her husband.

SNGF: Serendipity!
I wrote about how I found the source of where I got the information about the marriage of David Shotts and Mary Wagoner.

Courses Attended: 
I missed my South Carolina Research class last week and haven’t caught up. I will miss it again this week, as I will be with Jacqueline. I attended the pre-meeting for the America 250: Independence and Identity: 250 Years of Opportunity, Diversity, and Belonging in America course that begins this Tuesday. They two courses overlap for 3 weeks, so I have to choose which to view live and which to watch the recordings.

Webinars Viewed: none this week.

Other:
This past week, I visited several National Park sites with Jacqueline: Golden Gate Recreation Area, where we visited Fort Baker, Fort Cronkite, Fort Point, the Presidio and the Tunnel Tops, the National Cemetery, Baker Beach, and Muir Woods. We also squeezed in a visit to the Palace of Fine Arts.

I am reading: 

  • The Liberation Line: The untold story of how American Engineering and ingenuity won World War II by Christian Wolmar
  • Das große Giggler Geheimnis by Roddy Doyle

 Photos for this week. 






Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives, but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Copyright © 2011-2026 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments