Skip to main content

52 Ancestors-Week 42: Proud: Of Those Who Served in Our Families

This is my third year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

I am very proud of those ancestors and collateral relatives who served our country in the Armed Forces. I would like to list them here.

U.S. Army:
John Eliason Lundquist, Civil War
Harold Rupert Gleeson, WWI
Joseph W Gorrell, Civil War
Amos Gorrell, Civil War
Oral D Johnston, WWI
John E. Lundquist, WWI
Carl David Harry Nilsen, WWI
Carl David Harry Nilsen Jr, WWII
Joseph A Nilsen, WWI
Eugene F Soares, WWII
John Cyril Sullivan, WWI
Woodrow Whitlow, WWII

U.S. Air Force:
George J. Gorrell, WWII
Rayburn D Lancaster, Korea/Viet Nam

U.S. Navy:
William Cyril Hork, WWI
Tom J Johnston, WWII
Ernest Nilsen, WWI, WWII
Leonard M Nilsen, WWII

Since my mother’s side is all southern, I’ll include those who served for the Confederate States during the Civil War:
Rufus K. Coor
Rueben Mack Johnston
Benjamin W. Jones
George W Lancaster

Copyright © 2020 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments