Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of July 5–11, 2021

I have completed sixty-nine (69) weeks of semi- “lock down” due to Covid-19. I went out to the History Center twice, doctor’s office, bank, court office, notary, and to train club. I still wear a mask indoors.

Genealogy

Blog Writing: I wrote three posts this week. My 52 Ancestor post last week made the top three blog posts highlighted.

52 Ancestors—Week 27: Free—Martha J “Doll” (Coor) Lancaster This week the theme was free, so I freelanced, writing about my great-grandmother Martha J Coor.

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – Elementary School Memories I wrote about the three different schools I attended.

Finding the Widow's Pension -- Andreas Pfotenhauer's Service. The third in the series, this time focusing on the widows' pension which later converted to a minors' pension when she remarried.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended: I met with Monday Morning and the Peer Group only. We spoke in the Peer Group about punctuation issues in writing citations.

Webinars & Classes Attended
: I attended no classes or webinars again this week.

Client Work/Presentations: I have a new client and have started working on that project, and I sent off the divorce record to the other client.

Volunteer & Own Work:
For my own work, this week I continued looking for good deed problems for my upcoming land class.

Other: I spent from Tuesday to Saturday, working the National Model Railroad Association convention, which the Pacific Coast Region hosted on Zoom. There were great clinics and the breakout rooms had some wonderful discussions with clinicians and other attendees. Very successful convention and I’m so glad we could salvage it due to Covid. Wished I had taken a screenshot of the great hall. 

Attended book club where we discussed home economics after reading the book listed below. Good book and excellent discussion.

I’m reading the following books (I know, I’m crazy):

  • The Secret History of Home Economics by Danielle Dreilinger – FINISHED!
  • Girl Waits with a Gun by Amy Stewart
  • The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery
Photos for this week: I went out walking early this week because of the heat. Many examples of flowers and fruit in the neighborhood. If one goes early enough, one can swing at the park all alone.









Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments