Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Linda Stufflebean's Updated "December Meme"

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Our theme this week from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing is to:

A)  Linda Stufflebean sent in an update to her "December Meme" from last year.  Copy them to your own post and write about them.

Here are the 20 Questions and my answers:

1.  What is one genea-accomplishment in 2023 of which you are proud? I finished and turned in my renewal portfolio to the Board of the Certification of Genealogists.

2.  Which (realistic) genea-gift would you most appreciate this year?

3.  What item on your not-so-realistic wish list for Santa would you most appreciate this year. The names and resident locations of the parents of Samuel Johnston and Rebecca McCormack who were somewhere in South Carolina.

4.  Have you written any genea-books (with mostly text) to give as holiday gifts? Not this year. Maybe next year.

5.  Have you created any photo family history books to give as holiday gifts? Not this year. Maybe the books next year will be photo books.

6.  What is your favorite holiday main course food? Dungeness crab.

7.  What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pecan pie.

8.  Which food do you eat too much during the holidays? Used to eat too many cookies. I’ve cut back on sugar.

9.  Share a favorite holiday memory. Seeing carols while decorating the tree with family.

10.  Have you continued any ethnic food or cultural activities that have been passed down through the family? Both Swedish Potato Sausage and Potato Soup are my favorite treats for Christmas Eve with my husband’s family.

11.  Do you prefer warm sunshine or snow on Christmas Day? Warm sunshine. Hey, I live in California. It’s all we know.

12.  Did you break through any brick walls in 2023? No.

13.  Do you have a 2023 genea-goal that could have been accomplished, but over which you’ve procrastinated or from which you’ve been distracted? Yeah, writing more family stories.

14.  Have you ever gone holiday caroling? Yes, with Girl Scout troops.

15.  Do you have any favorite holiday decorations? I love my musical instrument ornaments plus the Snoopy ones.

16.  Who is the singer you most enjoy listening to during the holiday season? Burl Ives

17.  Have there been any Christmas Day calamities that you remember? Christmas Eve when my mother was in the hospital after having my youngest sister, my little brother caught a Christmas decoration on fire and there was a bit of panic by my grandmother who was watching us. It all turned out okay.

18.  If Santa invited you to hitch a ride in his sleigh, where would you like him to drop you off? I’m afraid of heights, so I’ll just stay home.

19.  If you had to choose right this minute – which ancestor would you most like to meet? Choose an ancestor about whom you’ve researched in 2023. I would love to ask my great-uncle about his service in France during WWI. He is missing from the muster rolls for a few months and I wonder where he was.

20.  Share one of your 2024 genealogy goals. I am going to begin writing my family’s stories. I hope to put together a couple of books. Also write up the research I did for my husband’s friend, Rod.


Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I love pecan pie also, but I guess I don't associate it with the holidays. But what happened to question #2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there was one I had skipped to come back to later. Oh, well, I cannot think of a realistic gift.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.