Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your 2023 "Dear Genea-Santa" Letter

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!







Our assignment this week from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings: Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. Here's your chance to sit on Genea-Santa's lap (virtually) and tell him your Christmas genealogy-oriented wish list:

1) Write your 2023 Genea-Santa letter. Have you been a good genealogy girl or boy? What genealogy-oriented items are on your Christmas wish list? They could be family history items, technology items, or things that you want to pursue in your ancestral quest.

Here's mine:
Santa, I have been a good Genea-Girl this year. Here’s what I did in 2023:

  • I hosted monthly roundtable talks via Zoom for both the Contra Costa County Genealogical Society on the fourth Monday and the California Genealogical Society on the second Wednesday. Other volunteer activities included creating a library database and writing finding aids for the Contra Costa County Historical Society, where I volunteer each week. I served as secretary for the CCCHS and the Sonoma County Genealogical Society. I also volunteered twice a month at the Oakland FamilySearch Center.
  • I wrote weekly blogs at least three times a week this past year, some to teach others and some to tell stories of our ancestors. I wrote several articles that were published in the CCCGS newsletter, the CGS Nugget, and the Sacramento German Genealogy Society’s Der Blumenbaum.
  • I got my BCG renewal portfolio turned in two months early after writing up an extensive research report. I worked the BCG booth at RootsTech answering prospective applicant’s questions. I wrote weekly press releases for the BCG-sponsored Legacy webinars, as well as some other press releases.

Santa, this is what I wish for Christmas:

  • Peace on Earth, but especially for Ukraine, Russia, Israel, and Palestine.

  • Health for my children, my husband, and myself.

  • The names of the parents of my brick wall ancestors, Samuel Johnston and Rebecca McCormack, who were born and married in South Carolina, but who left shortly afterwards for Alabama and Mississippi. Wish the burned records at the Titus County, Texas courthouse could come back to life.

  • The time to write a few family history booklets to share with family.

  • The repositories to donate my genealogy, too. I wish that someone would be interested in taking it on, but I don’t have much hope for that. So the next best is to donate it somewhere that can help others.

That’s it, Santa! Hope you and the misses as well as all the elves and reindeer have a wonderful Christmas!

Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I love your photo. Hope Genea-Santa grants all your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! You have been a good genea-girl this year. I'm hoping you get at least some of your wishes granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I can attest you have been a real good genea-girl this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.