Skip to main content

SNGF -- Your 2023 Christmas Genea-Gifts

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Here is our assignment this week from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings: 

1) Was Genea-Santa good to you?  What genealogy gifts did you receive for Christmas this year?

Here’s mine:
To be honest, I did not receive any genealogy gifts from my family, because I had just purchased a few items before Christmas for myself. This made it easier for my husband, so he did not have to go searching for something for me.

Recent books

Visiting Your Ancestral Town: Walk in the Footsteps of Your Ancestors (3rd ed) by Carolyn Schott. The first half of the book is about researching to locate the ancestral town, and then tips about going to visit it.

Our Quaker Ancestors: Finding Them in Quaker Records (2nd ed) by Ellen Thomas Berry and David Allen Berry. I teach about church records but I know nothing about Quakers, so I want to learn!

Germans in America: A Concise History by Walter D. Kamphoefner. He covers German immigration during the colonial, 19th, and 20th Centuries, and their role in American history. It looks like it reads academically, but there are no pages of endnotes in the back. So, we’ll see. 

The American Farmer in the Eighteenth Century: A Social and Cultural History by Richard Lyman Bushman. This book is academic, printed by Yale Press, and has endnotes. I have a presentation on our farmer ancestors and hope this book gives me more insight.

Valiant Women: The Extraordinary American Servicewomen Who Helped Win World War II by Lena Andrews. I read quite a few books about World War I and World War II and this book adds to that study.

Visit
The best Christmas present was spending a day with my brother-in-law and his family before Christmas. His daughter, who lives in England with her English husband (and she is now a citizen, too) and her husband were in town visiting and we had a nice day chatting, eating, and playing games. Their other daughter and our oldest daughter were there, too.

Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. If you are interested in ArkiDigital, they are having a sale right now and the basic subscription rates are going up tomorrow. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be suspicious of that German book with no endnotes. But what a great family photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.